Monday 21 November 2011

Entire City Block

When I first moved to London I had a go at some photomontage for a zine I was doing about my feelings about feeling lost and excited all at the same time in a new city. It was also about how the words of my heroes (musical and otherwise) get me through day-to-day.

942.1 London

If I had my way I'd walk through those doors and wander...






The gentleman at the end is Melvil Dewey. He invented the Dewey Decimal System. He also suffered, according to his Wikipedia entry, from "a persistent inability to control himself around women". He's in there because he was part of the zine. 942.1 is the Dewey number for London (library-geek).

1 comment:

  1. Dewey was a womaniser?! Who'd have thunk it! I wonder if he flirted with women by telling then about his new system for categorising books!

    ReplyDelete